Monday, June 9, 2014

The Dix Range

On Saturday my husband and I hiked 5 mountains, 16.5 miles, and just over 13 hours.  And today I'm feeling every mile.  But it was an absolutely gorgeous day; warm and sunny with a perfect clarity of view!

It was a very ambitious hike for being the first of the season.  Regardless, I wouldn't have traded it for anything.  And now I have 30 of my 46 High Peaks!

The only downside was that the black flies are alive and thriving.  They are nasty little bugs - 90% mouth, I'm sure of it!

After all that hiking, I did manage to hobble over to my sewing room to trim up my HSTs.  This morning I laid them out around my baby panel to give them a look over.

I'm trying to decide if I want to make another orange for the top and another purple for the bottom so that I don't have transitions that occur in the middle of a colored pair.  But aside from wanting to do a little futzing with the layout, I'm loving how it's coming out!


Linking up with Design Wall Monday.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Super cute! :)

    Congrats on the mileage, that's a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun baby quilt. I love how you used the triangles (almost look like flying geese!) around the border. They are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun quilt!

    I wanted to respond to a comment you made about my Medallion Quilt on my blog dreamworthyquilts.blogspot.com. You asked if I was designing it and the answer is yes. I am creating a pattern for it as I go. Several ladies are making it with me and I release part of the pattern each month. This is the start of month 3. Thanks for your inquiry.

    ReplyDelete