Monday, February 25, 2013

Penguins in Progress

After a long, hard day of crocheting at the ski mountain (resulting in 3 new squares), I returned home and cut out pieces for the remaining 7 penguins.




Six of the penguins will be mottled black, and six will be solid black.  When I had been considering a much, much larger quilt design, I hadn't been able to find enough of the mottled black to make 30 penguins, so I was going to make some solid black and mix them up.  Even though I'm only making 12 penguins now, I decided to continue with mixing the fabrics.  Hopefully they'll work well together.


Penguin Block




Also, one more mountain under my belt.  That brings me up to 15 High Peaks.  No pictures this time, unfortunately.  It was a grey and windy day up at the top and we didn't want to stay exposed on the summit for very long!





Linking up with Fabric Tuesday and W.i.P Wednesday.

4 comments:

  1. Great little penguins! Thanks for sharing.
    Visiting from WIP Wednesday. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that little penguin block! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your penguin is wonderful! It'll be such a cute quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those penguins, where did you find that pattern if I may ask.
    Bunny

    ReplyDelete