Friday, November 11, 2016

Rainbow Batiks - A Finish!

My rainbow batik top is finished! Now I just have to figure out what to call it.  Rainbow Trails perhaps?


I had originally planned on using a wide back but when I found this batik it was meant to be - despite needing a seam.  It reminds me of fall leaves!


This was my first time using a scrappy binding.  Picking a binding thread to go with all the different fabrics was hard, but I think it came out pretty well.  I may have to see about stitching up my old binding odds and ends that are laying around!

Linking up with Finish it up and Fabric Frenzy Fridays.

6 comments:

  1. Great quilt! Love the scrappy binding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty finish! I like your scrappy binding.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your scrappy binding too. I was just today looking at a panel I need to quilt and decided that I'd make the binding out of whatever scraps I have, I like the idea of being creative with what I have. You've made a beautiful quilt, I love Batiks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! Your rainbow binding was the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out wonderfully! The scrappy binding is perfect for this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely finish! I really like your scrappy binding a lot; it ties everything together very nicely.

    ReplyDelete