Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival - Rubber Duckies!


With the hand quilting section of the Blogger's Quilt Festival brought back, I wanted to come out and wave my flag of support.  Many thanks to Karen for bringing the loss and reinstatement to my attention and to Amy for keeping the hand quilting section open for all of us.

I have made a baby quilt for many of my coworkers' first babies since I started working at my current company.  There was only one miss, and that's because no one told me they were expecting!  Silly people.

This was one in a series of three quilts with this fabric (It's amazing how little fabric you actually need for a baby quilt!), but the quilting on this one is my favorite.

I started by sketching a picture of the two ducks splashing each other (from the blue duck fabric) and added some free hand waves.  Then I enlarged my design to fill the center square, cut it out, traced it, and quilted it in light blue Gutterman thread.  I love these little duckies.  They are so playful!


Linking up with Let's Bee Social and Fabric Frenzy.

9 comments:

  1. Sweet quilt, and what a darling quilting design! I love making baby quilts too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet quilting pattern! I'm glad to see that there are others who don't buy into the notion that baby quilts need to be machine quilted. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really cute! Love those quilted duckies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That IS a precious quilting design !

    ReplyDelete
  5. how sweet - I don't know if I actually had anything to do with getting the hand quilting category added back into the festival but I guess maybe my blog post might have started the notes to Amy? if so I'm glad I wrote it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How incredibly clever! I love that the quilting enhances the design of the fabrics. Your little ducks are just too cute! Well done, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! Enjoy the festival!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet quilt! Your quilting is fantastic, glad to hear you could enter it in the festival! :)

    Thank you for linking up to Fabric Frenzy Friday!
    -Lindsey
    Fabric Frenzy Friday

    ReplyDelete