Sunday, December 15, 2013

Sunday Stash and Quilting the Sky

Over Thanksgiving, I visited quite a few quilt shops.  In one week I added 20 yards of fabric to my stash!  So I'm going to break it up into a couple of posts.  Here's the first half...

Doesn't it look so pretty piled there?
Let's take a closer look!



I couldn't resist this map of the solar system.  And look!  It even recognizes Pluto!  Bonus.

In other news, I'm not a Trekkie.  Not at all; why do you ask?

The first store I visited was in New York City and they had some city specific fabrics.  A good number of them were too flashy for me, but this piece caught my eye.  The background is a sepia map of the streets covered with the name tiles from subway stops.  And I won it by checking the website before going, because there weren't any bolts on the floor when I was there.

In addition, I've been making some progress on my niece's wall hanging. Not as much as I need to be making, but progress nonetheless.

All four sets of trees have been finished.  Each of the four blocks also has a sun, and one block has the entire sky quilted.  The sun was quilted with a doubled strand of cotton thread in the hopes that it would stand out.  I'm not sure that was entirely successful, and it was a pain in the rear to work with.


Linking up with Sunday Stash and Fabric Tuesday.

6 comments:

  1. Nice stash enhancement. I've never been to any quilt shops in NYC. Do you live in NY?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay....my favorite is STAR TREK!!!! Love Spock

    ReplyDelete
  3. So if you don t love Star Trek please tell me that you love Dr Who instead? And I think Pluto was robbed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spock is awesome and love the NY print.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm recognising all of those fabrics! Next time you're in The City Quilter be sure to say "hi" :D

    ReplyDelete