Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Half Square Triangle Fatigue

I didn't do a lick of actual sewing this week; instead, I did a whole lot of trimming.  I now have 144 half square triangles and 36 stems all prepped and ready to be made into leaves.

I'm hoping that by next week I'll have all the remaining blocks put together.

I didn't properly appreciate how many HSTs there were in this quilt.  There are 240 HSTs!  I'm looking forward to my next quilt.  It's not going to involve a single triangle!

I also did a little fabric shopping.  I went to find backing at a LQS Saturday... except I ended up walking out with approximately 8.5 yards for a completely different project and no backing.  Whoops!  So Monday I ordered a couple yards of wide back online.  There goes April's budget!  And I had been doing so well this year.


Linking up with Let's Bee Social.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, trimming does bite, but it will be worth it - these fabrics are luscious and cannot wait to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problem every time I go to the fabric store. It's like they pump mind altering drugs through the vents or something. :) And your trimmed blocks looks great. I'm sure it will be worth it when you get start piecing the top together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no, that is a lot of trimming to do! Thank goodness it's over now though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lot of trimming! My husband laughs at me when he sees my trimming pile... Especially when I tell him not to throw it away until I take a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a LOT of triangles! I'm positive it will be worth all the time though. Love triangles, even though I'm scared to death of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep pluggin' away Rachel! Sew looking forward to seeing these maple leaves all put together. Lot of work, but sew worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete