Part of my problem is that my machine does not handle the bulk well. I have to keep convincing the feed dogs to not give up. And I have learned to appreciate the needle up\down button which I don't have!
Since a good portion of my quilting to do list right now involves binding quilts, I haven't been too motivated to get into the sewing room. I usually end up putting off doing the binding until the very last second, but I refuse to be sewing binding the day before we leave for the holidays this year.
I wish there was a finishing fairy to come along and bind my quilts for me. But since there isn't, or at least we haven't met yet, last night I made myself sit in the sewing room and get working on binding.
I managed to get the binding mostly sewed down to the front. I felt so ridiculous trying to manipulate this monster through my itty-bitty Janome that I told my husband he needed to take a picture. Though for all the trouble it was giving me, I'm not sure this picture does it justice!
All that's left is joining the ends and then lots and lots of hand stitching to finish it off. Hopefully I'll keep this momentum going. It only took me 4 months to get this far.
Linking up to W.i.P Wednesday.