Sunday, September 25, 2016

The Hexie Bug!

It didn't take long to finish up the flower started last week and stitch it down to a backing fabric.  I seem to be accumulating pink test blocks, so there may be a test block sampler quilt in my future!


And with that done, I was off trying to find card stock with which to make hexagon papers and basting fabric for my next set of projects!  I'd love to hear from those who make their own templates as to their favorite type of paper to use.

This set of projects includes a large and a small version of the same design.  The small one will use 1" hexies, and the large one will be made with 1.75" hexies.  The smaller ones are a little easier to make, I think, but they should both turn out fine!

I think it's safe to say that I have, at least temporarily, caught the hexie bug!




Linking up with Slow Sunday Stitching.

9 comments:

  1. I realized that one of the reasons I've been putting off finishing my Grandmother's Flower Garden is that I love making hexies and EPP! You have given me a wonderful idea to continue! Thank you! Your work is beautiful! Pinning to my EPP board!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pink block of hexies is so pretty! I read about someone who always uses the same colors when she sews any kind of test block so that all those orphan blocks will play nicely together down the road. Very smart! I always just use fabric that I think is ugly and then I end up with icky test blocks. Hmm, maybe not so smart!

    I'm glad you're having so much fun with your hexies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hexie bug is a permanent disability, I'm finding. It is fun to do them in different sizes -- gives quite a different look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a successful test. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someone is having fun with this! And it shows!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pink one! I stayed away from EPP for a long time, but took the plunge this summer. I am making mine into butterflies-I almost have 2 done, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, yes, come join my hexie cult!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Once that hexie bug is caught, it’s permanent. there is no known cure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely hexies! I use cardstock for my paper pieces in my LaPassacaglia quilt. It's inexpensive at WalMart and I use it for my computer anyway, so I always have it on hand.

    ReplyDelete