I had bought Patrick Lose's Suds fabric line to use in this piece, but still hadn't decided on a background, so I headed towards my stash to try and find one. However, the background hasn't wanted to play nice!
First I chose a grey marbled fabric, but when I started cutting pieces it didn't seem right. So then I pulled out a black dot fabric and even got as far as making blocks, but ultimately decided it still wasn't speaking to me.
So I put it aside for a bit before giving it one more shot. This time I tried a calmer tonal black, and I think that all the parts are finally starting to work together! Third time must be the charm!