Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Georgia and Gen Con

Traveling for most of July didn't leave me with much time to sew, but it did help me grab a couple of new states to add to my 50 states collection!  I added the big flowers on the left from Georgia and the puzzle pieces on the right from Indiana.


It proved rather difficult to get to a fabric store in Indiana, as my husband and I were in Indianapolis for Gen Con.  Gen Con was attended by over 61,000 people this year.  That meant we were were trying to secure resources like cars and hotel rooms at the same time as a lot of other people, and our reservations kept being given away to someone else!

But we persevered and, despite all of the scheduling snafus, thoroughly enjoyed our trip.

Even though Gen Con is a gaming convention, most of the events I signed up for were crafty!  I started with a couple of classes on knitting and embroidery, then moved on to some more unusual classes like ribbon embroidery and scale chain-mail.  The chain mail class was by far my favorite, and has a high probability of turning into another hobby!


Linking up with Let's Bee Social.

4 comments:

  1. 61,000 people! Must have been quite a zoo, but a lot of fun too. I had no idea there would be classes on things like knitting and embroidery at a gaming convention. What a great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not heard of Gen Con - a gaming convention I would have to say what is that LOL - I guess I am not up to date on these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That scale chain mail is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lot of people fighting over rooms! I love the chain mail - it's so pretty I can see why you are taken with it.

    ReplyDelete