By Thursday evening I had 270 - 3.5" x 9.5" pieces ready to go.
I worked hard on Friday to assemble the main part of the quilt. (Meanwhile, I dropped off my first order at the quilters!)
Saturday morning saw borders added and a back pieced, and by early afternoon I was taking this quilt to the quilters as well!
|Now it looks like this! Except less fuzzy...|
Colors are more realistic in the first shot.
I think the back gave me more trouble than the front! First I couldn't find a fat back that I liked which made me sad. I was in such a rush that it would have been nice if that worked out. However, after a couple of different attempts to find a fabric for the back, I managed to find a blue that matched the color of the blue on the front almost exactly! I think it was Moda marbles in Royal Blue.
Then, when I was piecing the back I found that I only had just enough. My 9 yard cut was not quite 9 yards... which I discovered after cutting the first two 3 yard
|Backing - Moda Marbles Royal Blue|
When I dropped off my latest work, hot off the presses, my penguins were mostly finished. She had to reload my quilt for a little bit that had been forgotten, but I was still able to take it home when I left Sunday morning.
I really like the quilter I use. She does good work quickly. The past two years I have dropped off quilts on Friday and picked them up the same weekend. I liked not having to pay for shipping across three states!
Linking up with Finish it up Friday.