I started by picking a green dot fat quarter from my stash, to use for the back, and put the two fat quarters on the machine with a double layer of cotton batting between them. Then I found this berry design that fit perfectly and stitched it up with Superior Omni Light Sage thread.
When the piece was fully stitched, I took it off the machine and brought it back to the cutting board for trimming. You can easily get four 7 inch squares from one set of fat quarters!
They weren't completely made from my stash, because I turned up shy on coordinating fabrics to bind with, but now all four squares have the first machine binding stage completed and I am slowly working on hand stitching the binding to the back. I even took them out on the deck because the day was just to lovely to sit inside!
|First Block Finished!|
Linking up with Let's Be Social and Slow Sunday Stitching.