I was invited to hang some photography in a public space for the month of March, so my sewing room had to remain closed while I pulled it all together. There was much framing and matting and running around this past month... but my pictures are all up now and just waiting for people to come in. It is an amazing opportunity. And it was also a lot more work than I ever expected.
So this weekend was the first time I've been able to get back in the sewing room since the end of January and I made good use of my time - washing and ironing (and petting) some fabric.
Now I swear that I don't bleed all my fabric, though I'm sure it looks like I do from my blog, but in the course of all the fabric washing I've been doing recently I did have some issues. Some of the fabrics must have been damp next to each other in the washer for too long because the orange, red, and pink suds fabrics came out looking like a toddler had drawn all over them with a pen!
I tried applying some Dawn and water, to no avail. However, with the liberal application of Shout stain remover and another trip through the washing machine, I was able to remove most of the dark marks!
|Good as New!|