My Field of Hearts top is finished!
I was trying very hard to have this quilt completely finished by this weekend so that I could hand deliver it, but unfortunately that didn't end up being possible. This pattern was too complex for my timeline to have worked out, but I do think this turned out the perfect quilt for the situation.
Next up is a decision about the binding. The block purple color is being tested along the top, and one of the blues used for hearts is laid out along the side.
The finished size of this top is 59.5 x 73. My throw quilts these days tend to finish around 66 x 84 inches and I was thinking that this quilt was a little on the small side. Then I measured another throw quilt that I had made in 2008 and it was only 54 x 60! Very interesting how our perceptions can change over time.