Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Last Minute Medly

I'm lucky this set of blocks had two snowballs, because I may or may not have been assembling a leaf and a snowball block this morning before heading to work.


Last minute or not, I did manage to get three blocks made this week and that's what counts.  It's finally starting to look like a quilt and not just a random collection of blocks!

I had the opportunity to wander around a new quilt store and, despite all the tempting fabric, I only came home with this metallic and green Stonehenge.  How was I supposed to turn down a sale like that?  But I have a Christmas wall-hanging on the to do list this year, so it should be used shortly.


Last but not least I picked out some new floss to try in my cross-stitch sampler; there's a very light grey, a shimmery white, a silver metallic, and a softer white (winter white).  Snow white didn't show up on my Aida too well, so hopefully one of these options will do the trick.

Linking up with Let's Bee Social.

7 comments:

  1. Yea, it's amazing how much quilting you can squeeze in. Very nice blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That winter white embroidery thread looks lovely. I wish I could get up early in the mornign to squeeze in a bit of sewing before work - never seems to happen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always a good day when you can grab a bargain! Great quilt blocks too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is coming together nicely. I love those maple leaf blocks. Looking good! Hope one of your new flosses does the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks are lovely Rachel! Love the threads--I love the silver! So pretty!

    Would love for you to stop by and link this up to Fabric Frenzy Friday!
    -Lindsey
    Fabric Frenzy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, they are complicated blocks! Good luck with the metallic thread, it's my nemasis!

    ReplyDelete